Sunday, August 16, 2009

Poor Baby

Poor baby because his daddy's response to his misery was to make fun.

Poor baby because he was suffering from colic. We have learned that colic is a terrible affliction. We have also learned that Ross suffered from such an affliction. Upon completion of some research we learned that colic is excessive fussiness as the result of digestive issues or gas. I decided to eliminate all dairy products from my diet and it seems to have done the trick. Ross is much happier now.

Poor Baby because last night he received his first shot. It was antibiotics for his first ear infection. There is story here. All day yesterday we had a very fussy Ross. All he wanted was mommy and a moving mommy at that. We figure it is the return of his colic. After Ross' bath I noticed an issue with his 'family jewels' so I get on the computer and start searching. Before Joel is even off the phone with Gramma(my mom) I am in tears. Joel decides we are taking the conservative route and heading to see the docs. Upon arrival (now this is the best part) at the hospital, as soon as we complete a half sheet form they call us to triage- ahead of the other waiting patients. From triage we head straight to room and within 5 minutes are being examined by the doctor. As it turns out baby's 'jewels' are okay. However, his ear is not. He has a middle ear infection. We opted for the injection of antibiotics and the boy didn't even flinch when injected- but he did NOT like the liquid Tylenol. POOR BABY.

Mommy, however, was a complete mess. It was a very traumatic night for me. When we were being led back to our bed they led us right past the room where we received the official word on Jacob. For a second I thought they were sending us in there... I panicked. I was finally able to relax as we were leaving LakePointe and I could take my boy with me in my arms. A lot of emotions were stirred up for me but thankfully once home Joel took Ross as I passed out of exhaustion.

Ross slept good once he was asleep and seems to be feeling much better today- we are thankful it was caught early and that it was nothing major.

Joel's new favorite line is, "God worked through Ross' testicles." I find it a bit crude but I did marry the guy so I just have to deal. Poor Baby his dad is making jokes about his privates. :0(

3 comments:

gramridenour said...

God is strengthening you one day at a time. We both know this was "the weekend" - when Ross was the same age as Jacob was when he left for Heaven. We were praying for God's protection and assurance as you lived through it. And you did .... with an assurance that God knew every detail and was walking before and beside you. Glimpses of His loving care are so precious.
Give Ross an extra hug from Gramma and tikle his pigs for Grandpa.
Love, Mom (& Dad)

PrincessJoylynn said...

Mom I hadn't remembered that. I would have had it come up, but at the time it was absent- thankfully. I had been in tears and was just happy to hear he was okay. But you are right this weekend was 'the' weekend.

Jennifer said...

too funny! I am glad that is okay and doing better. He is a doll!