Friday, April 16, 2010

March For Babies- Last Call

It is Friday night.  Joel is showering, Ross is screaming, and I am blogging.  As the dogs lay around me I am mentally preparing myself for tomorrow's journey.  5 miles of foot steps but 2 years of heart ache.  I still miss Jacob.  I don't usually wonder what he would be like, I think I know.  He is the opposite of Ross.  For every yell, scream, and wiggle that describes Ross, Jacob can be found in the silent moments.  He was the baby that slept everywhere, anywhere really.  Some may say that it was his age, still others imply it was how early he entered our world, but I say, it was Jacob.  Sweet.  Quiet.  And Calm.  He is the introvert to Ross' extrovert.  They are most certainly not two peas in a pod.  And yet I love them both so much.  My two lil guys.  My Sweet Cuddle Bug and My Bug-A-Boo.

$250 in donations has been given to March of Dimes. (I am praying that some how He provides the rest.)
I want to thank all of you in my life who made the effort and sacrifice to support me in this endevour.  For those who haven't quite gotten to it, there is still time! (www.marchforbabies.org/joyrmarlowe)

My Small Group Friends: Lisa, Paige, and Angela who still allow Joel and I to be in the group.

My Church friend Sandelynn, regardless of who she married. ;0)

My long time friend Amber, even though I dated her boyfriend.

Misti, even if she won't give me her kids!

My Big Sisters, Heidi, Cyndi, Sharyn, and Saundra, the only sisters who Really support me! ;0)

My Mother-In-Law, Donna.

My Bible School Bud, Bets.

Grandpa Cox and Grandma Doris, our grandparents.

My Favorite Aunt Myrna; of which I am her favorite niece.

My Parents, who knew Jacob as well as Joel and I did.  And who supporte us tremendously.

Without each of you I could not have raised these funds!  I am so thankful each of you chose to make the sacrifice to contribute.  I am looking forward to the event; pics will be up Saturday afternoon.

1 comment:

Amy D. said...

Hi Joy, I haven't commented in a while but still check in on you guys. I love this post about Jacob--Mama's know their babies. I knew from day 1 Drew was complete opposite of Simon. I still think about Jacob and you often, I still cry with you even though I don't know you! I also rejoice with you in the gift of your two precious babies.