Thursday, February 13, 2014

On Being Thrown

Eight months ago, I was a mom to one angel in Heaven and one spitfire here on Earth.  Jacob and Ross.  Then tragedy struck two kids I have loved dearly since before Jacob and Ross.  So in June I jumped into my Auntie role.  It was an adjustment- and it was just summer! Then School started.  Wahoo!  My type B, artsy personality had to learn a few new tricks.  Then it happened.
Adoption happened.  We finally got to have our boys come home.  Older and Younger.  So now, I am mom of three boys.  two school aged and one still at home and Auntie/Nanny to two big kids.
I went from mom of one preschool laid back easy going spitfire to mom of THREE.  In an instant!  flip the switch!  Now GO!  AHHHH.  I have had the difficult task of learning how to get up because we have to leave the house by 7:30.  Ross and I slept till after 9 most days so this was a huge shock to my body.  I was merciful and let Ross adjust naturally.
One day I am sleeping past 9, next day I am up at 5.
One day I am productive as my spirit leads, next day I am forced into early morning chores.
One day I spent chilling on the couch with my four year old, now I have three fighting for my cuddles.
One day I ran errands when I was in the mood; now I do it or it may never get done.

What a 180.  God threw me and I'm am stumbling to get onto my feet but I am definitely making progress everyday.

My life has completely changed.  Now for trying to keep up!


No comments: