Friday, December 14, 2012

We began our adoption process.  Since before we were married we knew we wanted to adopt from CPS.  So many children need a loving home- why not us?  In the last month I sent in our application and have our orientation scheduled for Tuesday.  This is going to be so long and stressful.  I understand but i hate that I have to jump through so many hoops.
Ive realized why i hate the process so much.  I have no idea what is ahead, how long until we meet our child or children.  I have no way to prepare, I don't know if it is boys, or girls, or one of each, or even how many! One thing we know for sure is that Ross wants big brothers and sisters not baby ones.  He is all too cute.  Personally I want three more. But whether that in done in one adoption or two is yet to been seen.
When I get frustrated by how long everything takes and all the red tape I cry.  I cry because our kids are out there somewhere suffering.  I dont know how they are suffering but I know they are.  I wish I could do more than just pray that our Lord protects them.
This adoption process is a rocky one.  I can only imagine how much is to come.
We appreciate prayers for both our current unit of three and the ones to join us.  Hopefully sooner than later.

No comments: